This was the programme of events for last year until Covid 19 interrupted proceedings. We have kept it here on the website so you can see the normal way of things. For the rest of 2020 and into 2021, the programme of events is online and details can be found on the home page month by month to cope with the current uncertainties.
As you can see from the Programme of Events above, the Harpenden Arts Club runs a number of different types of evening meeting. For the avoidance of doubt, these generally have the following meanings:
- Workshop - Members bring in art materials and take part in an artistic activity often suggested by the speaker, and with help and advice from the speaker.
- Demonstration - The speaker shows certain artistic techniques or creates an artwork as members watch. No need for members to bring art materials.
- Presentation - The speaker talks on a topic and may use an overhead projector as a visual aid, but does not necessarily create art there and then.
- Studio Practice/Members Evening - members bring in art materials and take part in an artistic activity that is untutored.
- Life Drawing - a model is organised for these sessions, who may be male or female, clothed or unclothed. Members bring in art materials and draw or paint using the model as inspiration. These sessions are largely untutored.